The Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors reports continued good news in their weekly market report. The pending sales are 29% higher than a year ago this time and inventory is down to 17,822 homes for sale.
Inventory will be increasing as we gear up for the Spring Market, which is a healthy and normal. If pending sales can continue to keep pace with the new inventory then we will be in really great shape. So far things are looking good, pending sales up and inventory down year over year.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 21:
• New Listings decreased 8.2% to 1,092
• Pending Sales increased 29.0% to 730
• Inventory decreased 23.2% to 17,822
Read Full Report from MAAR
- Twin Cities Weekly Real Estate Market Update for week ending Jan 7, 2012 (craigkamman.com)
- Twin Cities historical MLS sales prices and volume (craigkamman.com)
- 2011 Twin Cities year end Distressed Sales snapshot (craigkamman.com)
- Cheaper to own than rent in the Twin Cities? (startribune.com)