2012 Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) for MN

A reminder that you need to get the 2012 CRP’s out to your renters by the end of January 2013 for any renter that paid you rents in 2012.

All rental property owners, managers or operators must provide a Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) to each person who rented from them during the previous year unless the property is tax-exempt.

You must give each renter a CRP by Jan. 31, 2013 if:

  • property tax was payable in 2012 on the property, or
  • you were not required to pay property tax but you made “payments in lieu of property taxes”

Renters need the CRP to apply for the state Property Tax Refund (“renter’s refund”).

For detailed information and a copy of the CRP, see Landlord Instructions for Form CRP (2012).

Source: Minnesota Department of Revenue


Download my free property search app



Realtor. Twin Cities Area specializing in New Construction, Development and Investment Properties.