November’s Housing Starts were up 10 points from October to November according the US Census report. October 2011 there were 437,000 housing starts and Novembers shot up to 447,000 housing starts. This is the national statistic and you have probably read about this from many different sources. The stock market went way up with this news and potential good news coming out of the Europe zone.
The local stats will probably be released by the end of the week. The local stats will be more meaningful to us. I suspect we will see a similar increase in the local stats.
Here is the historical perspective of Housing Starts from 1959 to November 2011.
- Source: US Department of Commerce: Census Bureau
- Units: Thousands of Units
- Frequency: Monthly
- Updated: 2011-12-20 2:02 PM CST
- Housing Starts (economistsoutlook.blogs.realtor.org)
- Housing Starts Blow Through Expectations (blogs.wsj.com)
- Nov. housing starts up 9.3% to 685,000 annual rate (marketwatch.com)
- Housing Starts increase in November (calculatedriskblog.com)
- NAHB Builder Confidence index increases in December (calculatedriskblog.com)